Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Zoo

Last Sunday my girlfriend and I went to the Memphis Zoo – and we loved it. It was so much fun to see all the animals. They have every kind of animals over there. And I could impress my girlfriend by telling her everything I know about the animals – when I was a little kid I like animals so much. I had a whole lot of books about them and I learned everything that was in there by heart so I could tell everybody. Obviously even today I still remember most of the facts. What I thought was really impressing were all the donations people gave for the zoo. In Germany the Zoos may get some donations, but you cannot compare it to the huge amount of money the Memphis Zoo got. Another thing I liked about the Zoo was the different areas that were created. On the one hand the Antarctic with all its sealions… and on the other hand Africa with all its typical animals. This must be great for kids. One thing I do not really like about zoos is the little cages the animals are kept in. You cannot compare those little cages to the huge landscape the animals would live in if they were not captured… I always think that is really sad. On the other hand some kinds of animals would not even exist anymore if they would grow up in nature.

No comments: