Thursday, April 10, 2008

Memphis Tennis vs. Soutern Miss

Last Saturday, the Tennis team played in Southern Miss. Last year we lost against them so we were so fired up to beat them. We took the lead in doubles and won two out of three doubles. One of these doubles had two match points against them but came back and won finally. So in the score count we were up 1:0 because all three doubles just count as one point, whoever wins at least two out of three doubles gets one point. After a ten minute break we started with singles. Our number one player played awesome and chopped his opponent in 90 minutes, 2:0 Memphis. Then our number 2 player lost in straight sets. After that we won the number 6 singles but lost number 3 and 5 so the overall score was 3:3. Everything came down to my court. The crowed was yelling against me, swearing and trying to distract me. Everybody cheered against me. I was under the highest pressure in the whole season. I played the number 4 single. I won the first set 6:4 but lost the second set with 4:6. In the third set a tiebreaker had to decide who will win. I was 1:5 down in the tiebreaker but fought back. Eventually, after 3 and half hours of pure battle I defeated my opponent with 8:6 in the tiebreaker. My teammates ran on my court and we celebrated our most important victory of the season because it was our first win in a conference match!

No comments: